Aaron Yates worked as a land surveyor for approximately 10 years (2001-2010), and during that time became proficient with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), mapping, and drafting with Autodesk products.
Now, in addition to our real estate photo and video services, we offer custom GIS mapping for real estate purposes, such as:
- Custom maps for flyers and prints
- Wall art for hanging in the lodge
- Gifts to buyers after the sale
- Online marketing of current listings
Modern GIS systems incorporate the latest and greatest satellite imagery, as well as more detailed imagery from local entities such as appraisal districts and state GIS networks.
What's on the map?
Here are just a few things that we can map for you:
- Boundary lines -- from deeds, existing maps, appraisal district lines, etc.
- Flood Plain -- from the NFIP via FEMA
- Roads and Trails -- can even be measured using your iPad as a tracking device
- Improvements, hunting blinds, water wells, cattle pens, cross-fencing, and other ranch amenities
- Traffic counts for major highways and certain cities
- Nearby amenities and attractions
- Geographic boundaries such as city limits, ETJ, precinct lines, county lines, state lines, and many more
- Voting districts and voter turnout indicators
- US Census data and demographics
- Anything else that has geographic information attached!